Last updated on 21th August 2020
This Policy applies to any websites, branded pages on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or YouTube), and applications accessed or used through such websites or third-party platforms (hereinafter, “Sites” or “Upsteer Sites”) which are operated by or on behalf of Upsteer.
2. What are cookies
Cookies are files or pieces of information that may be stored on your computer (or other devices, such as smartphone or tablet) when you visit Upsteer Sites. This allows Upsteer Sites to distinguish your device from those of other users of the Sites. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website the cookie has come from, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e. how long it will stay on your device), and the value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
- These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as requested. For example, they let us recognise that you have created an account and have logged in this account to access the Site content.
- These also include cookies, which allow us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session, and to secure the Sites.
These cookies are used by Upsteer or a third-party service provider to analyse how the Sites are used and their performance. For example, they track the most visited pages, and where the visitors come from. They include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.
These cookies let us operate the Sites in respect to the choices you make and actions you take. They allow us to remember your device in-between the visits. For example, our systems can recognise your user name and remember how you customised the Sites and services (changed the text size, fonts, languages and other configurable elements), and provide you the same customisations during the future visits.
4. First-party and third-party cookies
“First-party cookies” are cookies, which belong to Upsteer Sites, and located on your device. “Third-party cookies” are cookies, which another party places on your device through our Sites. Upsteer may contract with third-party service providers to send emails to users, who have shared their contact information with us. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our email communications, and/or to determine if users have opened the messages and have clicked the links, the third-party service providers may place cookies on the devices of these users. For more information on how third parties collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies.
Upsteer Sites use the following types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies. We use persistent cookies to improve your experience of using the Sites.
- Session cookies. Session cookies are temporary and removed at once from your device after your web browser closes. We use session cookies to help us track the internet usage as described above.
You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the corresponding settings in your web browser. However, if you choose to do so, you might be unable to access certain content of the Sites. Unless you change your web browser settings regarding cookies, our systems will place cookies on your device when you visit Upsteer Sites.
The data collected by the Sites and/or through cookies, which may be placed on your device, will be stored only as long as is needed to fulfil the purposes mentioned above.